08 June 2009

Debra Kayn on "Betraying the Prince" New at Red Rose Publishing!

One of the highest compliments a writer can get is having a reader admit to laughing out loud, crying, sighing, getting angry or whatever the emotion is that you want conveyed in the words that you use.

This past Thursday, I had my first book, Betraying the Prince, published. To my surprise, Fiona Vance, author of Submission, bought my book and sent me an email with the following review which made my day.

Wow, what a great book! I just loved the Antakian princess, Celina, who comes to the US from a middle eastern kingdom with different rules and customs, and stirs up the hero, Drake. I just loved the fishing boat scene… LOL! Drake is a yummy hero, and there’s an underlying mystery that Celina has to solve to learn about who she is and what she wants… and Drake is just the man to help her. And then you’ll cry as hard as you laughed. This book had me up until 2:30 this morning, because I couldn’t put it down! …Fiona Vance, Author of Submission


Betraying the Prince is available now at Red Rose Publishing.

http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=190&products_id=413

Excerpt #3

“Let’s get this party started.” Drake bowed at the waist. “Do you want to dance, Princess Celina?”

She nodded without breaking eye contact. Her breath came in a desperate rhythm at the thought of him holding her. She wrapped her arms around his neck. The music played soft, slow. His arms held her, pressed her up against his chest. The motion of her dress against his stiff dress coat added to the friction sparking within her. Her hips took on a movement all their own, resembling the left, circle, right of the only kind of dancing she knew.

“Celina….”

She lifted her head off Drake’s chest. She caught the musky scent of his cologne, and the wildest urge to bury her nose in his neck to inhale the very essence of him hit her.

“Will you wait after the party?”

“Of course. I will do anything you ask of me.”

The arm holding Celina flinched, and Drake stopped moving his feet. She stood in the middle of the room with her arms still around him.

“What’s wrong? Did I say something?”

“No. It isn’t you. I need to know if you understand what I am asking you. You do want to be with me, right?”

“Of course….” Celina couldn’t finish; Drake’s finger came up to touch her lips.

“That’s not what I mean. I only want you to wait for me if it is what you want to do. Not because you were taught to please a man. It’s okay to say no.”

Celina stepped back. Drake’s arms fell to his sides. She cocked her head and frowned. Didn’t he understand?

No comments: