14 March 2008

Want a little magic in your lie?


Toss of A Coin By Aline de Chevigny
Mainstream/Historical / Time Travel/Holiday/Romance
ISBN: 978-1-60435-101-9
Cover Artist: Merris Hawk
Editor: Terri Morris
Word Count: 12,468
Release: March 6th, 2008
Available now from Red Rose Publications

A grandmother’s last request, a mysterious old coin, and a heartfelt wish.
Armed with a mysterious package, Angelica travels to Scotland to fulfill the requirements of her grandmother’s will. The package contains an ancient coin and a letter telling her to make one wish. Angelica’s wish for true love sends her back in time and into the arms of a man who could make all of her dreams come true – if she’ll let him.

Excerpt :
The heat of anger in her eyes, and the edge of sarcasm in her tone put his teeth on edge. The fact that he knew his cousin was interested and he didn’t know if she returned his cousin’s interest bothered him. If he wasn’t careful, he’d lose her before he’d won her.
“Your Grace, if you point me in the direction of my room, I’m sure the seamstress will be waiting for me. As you noted, I need proper—or was that decent, clothing to cover myself with.”
Angelica’s formal tone and lack of expression while addressing him hit harder than he’d anticipated. The gleam that appeared in Ewan’s eyes at the discord brewing between himself and Angelica stopped him from uttering the apology he found ready on his lips to soothe the tension between them. “This way, Lady Angelica.” Duncan replied shortly, his irritation surging when she ignored his arm and stopped to offer Ewan her hand. “A pleasure to meet you, Lord MacHenry. I hope we have the chance to talk later.”
Ewan took her hand between both of his own. “The pleasure, Lady Richmond, was all mine. You have but to name the time and I will make myself available to you. But please call me Ewan. It is only proper if we are to get to know each other better, as I hope we will. Much, much better.”
“Very well, Ewan then you must call me…”
“Lady Angelica.” Duncan prompted, scowling towards his cousin. “And you must call him Lord Ewan, Angel.”
Angelica sighed, and turned to glare at Duncan. The annoyance showing on her face at being interrupted made him wonder if he’d already lost her.
“Lady Angelica, it is then.” He told her with a wink bringing her hand up to his lips.
“Now if you’ll excuse me, Lord Ewan. Your Grace, can you please show me to my room. I believe we need to discuss the details of my stay here, not to mention some rules!”
“Yes, we do.” Duncan agreed, following Angelica out the door past Ewan. “As do we, dear cousin.” Once Angelica was out of sight, he turned towards Ewan, fury plainly visible on his face. His fists balled at his sides to prevent himself from striking out at the younger man.

No comments: