14 March 2009

Introduction -- Rochelle Weber


Hi, I'm Rochelle Weber, a Red Rose author and my book, Rock Bound was published by Red Rose in November. I’ve just re-written the blurb and I have a new excerpt I’m hoping our marvelous Web Mistress will upload when she next works on the Red Rose site. So, I thought that I would use this opportunity to unveil my new blurb to the Red Rose crowd!

The future is a dangerous place for dreamers and idealists.

When a dictator takes over the United States, Annie Peterson attends a protest in Washington, DC, with Paul, her husband and soul mate. US troops fire into the crowd killing Paul. Jake Johnsrud, a virtual stranger, risks his life to save Annie’s. They are among the survivors who are sentenced to slavery on the Moon for their “crimes.”

Jake is forced to mine, while Annie is sentenced as a doxy to "service" the men. Jake fights increasing feelings of anger and jealousy as Annie struggles to perform her job, while she resists her increasing attraction to him. Along with their fellow inmates, they fight to survive on the lunar "rock" that is their prison.

Will the hardships of life in exile bring the two together? Or will Annie’s undying devotion to Paul be the final, insurmountable obstacle for her and Jake?


I fervently hope this new blurb will stimulate sales. All you have to do to buy Rock Bound is to go to http://tinyurl.com/buyrockbound.

Being an author isn’t just about writing a book; it’s about marketing as well. If I were good at marketing, I probably wouldn’t be writing. Well, OK. I’d still be writing anyway. Some of us have to write, or the voices of the characters in our heads will drive us crazy—especially if we walk around talking back to them.

I also edit for Red Rose and this new blurb was the result of a conversation I had with one of the authors I edit about sales. Mine weren’t as high as I’d hoped, so he went into my “buy page” and looked at the blurb and excerpt. Then he called me and told me that my old blurb was too factual and didn’t grab the reader’s emotions to draw them in. It always helps to have a second pair of eyes when you’re too close to the characters.

So, with our esteemed Publisher and Web Mistress’ permissions, I hope to change my buy-page soon. And meanwhile, I hope you’ll take a look at my updated websitehttp://www.rochelleweber.com.

No comments: