27 March 2009

Roses of Prose

What is that old line "... a rose, is a rose, is a rose..." now multiply that by five! Five Roses from Red Rose Publishing have joined together to captivate you with their collective thoughts in a new blog called "Roses of Prose".

Come and meet five talented authors as they discuss their lives, their loves, and their books. If you comment on our blog between March 30 and April 30, you might win a dozen red roses. Each day you comment is another contest entry.

I'm Lisa Lipkind Leibow. My rose is white with red edges. It signifies unity. When I craft a story, I strive to relate all literary elements into a harmonious whole. I write contemporary women's fiction with multi-cultural characters and elements of romance and historical fiction.

My debut novel, Double Out and Back is coming soon from Red Rose Publishing (mainstream fiction). Three women's lives are intricately intertwined, as Amelia Schwartz and Summer Curtis struggle with the complex dynamics of intrafamily embryo adoption, and Chandy Markum strives to make her patients' dreams a reality.

I'm Amber Leigh Williams, and my rose is vibrant orange. Orange roses represent desire and enthusiasm. Since I began my journey as an author, I sought never to write a story without the whole of my heart. It takes every ounce of wit, energy, and passion a writer possesses to bring a great story to life on the page. For me, the orange rose is a reminder never to give a story anything less than 100% of my devotion.

I write romance across the genres. My romantic adventure Fox & Hound about a pair of jewel thieves on a quest for payback is my debut novel with Red Rose Publishing. Romantic suspense Denied Origin takes an heiress on the run across the globe. Western romance novella Blackest Heart follows a famous actress home to Wayback, TX to find solace in the arms of a silent cowboy. The sequel, Bluest Heart, is coming soon. Contemporary romance A Summer's Hope is the first story in my hometown series about the lonely-hearted proprietress of Hanna's Inn on the Mobile Bay and the haunted man who comes to stay at Hanna's and changes her life forever.

Hi, I'm Laura Breck. I write sexy contemporary love stories, "Sensual romance where good girls tame bad boys in America's most glamorous cities." I chose a lavender rose because it represents love at first sight. My heroines are strong, accomplished women who allow themselves to succumb to only one weakness--a consuming blaze of desire whenever that strong, gorgeous man is in sight. My heroes are men who sense that this woman is different; they hear the voice in their head whispering, "She's the one." Of course, they both fight it; they're both too smart to believe in it, but love at first sight is inescapable.

My first novel to be published is scheduled for release late this summer from Red Rose Publishing. It's titled Las Vegas Strip. Mistaken for a blackmailer, socialite Valerie Kane will do anything to keep sexy Italian crime writer Antonio Daniato from publicly exposing her, and Antonio is very interested in seeing how far Valerie will go to protect her reputation.

Hi, I'm Kianna Alexander. While I may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, I can write a tall tale in a single sitting. Born and raised among the pine trees of North Carolina, I have always been a voracious reader. Cereal boxes, billboards, and other unconventional sources fed my unquenchable appetite for the written word. Soon, as I entered adolescence, I realized that I enjoy writing the words as much as I enjoy reading them.

First, I tried my hand at poetry, but upon discovering it to be both sappy and crappy, I moved on to plays. That was short lived, as I felt writing those darn stage directions both boring and maddening! Around the dawn of the 21st century, I decided to try prose. After writing that first short story, I never looked back.

I'm Nancy O'Berry, my rose is the yellow rose, which stands for loyalty and friendship. I write sensual contemporary and historical stories of the West. I enjoy weaving the tales of adventure and romance that made our country come alive.

I just released the first two books of my Sweetbrier Academy series; Having Faith and Holding on to Hope. Both are set in 1870's rough and tough Wyoming Territory. It takes a strong woman and an equally strong man to tame a land. That’s the way I look at my hero and heroine. I hope you'll come by soon and meet Faith, Hope, and Charity as they teach us about love and grasping for that gold ring on the merry -go- round of life.


We welcome you to Roses of Prose. Join us for our first month on our new blog and you might win a dozen red roses! Details are listed on www.rosesofprose.blogspot.com/ See you there!

No comments: